Community Schools- LACOE
- A hub for a range of support services for students and families
- Services provided at school where students and families feel safe
- Build equity by leveraging community resources so students are healthy, prepared for college and ready to succeed in the workplace and in civic life
- Increase in graduation rates
- Decrease in chronic absenteeism and dropout rates
- Reduction in suspensions
- Increase in family engagement
Get to know Ms. Cohen
Veronica Cohen, is a board certified Marriage and Family Therapist and a State Credentialed School Psychologist. Veronica received her Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy at the California State University, Northridge and her Pupil Personal Services Credential in School Psychology at California State University, Long Beach. She has been practicing as a Marriage and Family Therapist since 2011 and specializes in working with young adults and children. She has been working in Early Childhood Education and K-12 settings for the past 9 years obtaining knowledge in educationally related intensive counseling services, mental health assessments, mental health consultation, behavioral therapy, curriculum design and implementation. She currently works as a Community Schools Program Specialist at Los Angeles County Office of Education. Veronica was born and raised in Los Angeles and continues to live in the city with her husband and two children. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her family.
Get to know Ms. Perez Sanchez
Elizabeth Perez Sanchez received her Bachelor of Arts in English Education at California State University, Long Beach. She has been working in education as a classified employee for the past 17 years assisting families and students in a variety of ways. She currently works as an Educational Community Worker at Los Angeles Office of Education. Elizabeth enjoys reading, hiking, and spending time with her family.